[Opensim-users] OpenSim 0.8

The Pierce Family thepierces-rwpt at charter.net
Fri Jun 27 03:04:32 UTC 2014

(I apologize if this gets posted twice. I reply online and it posts but then
I get a rejection notice)

Thank you for the two responses I have gotten to this post.

I have made some ground since this post. I have 1-64 bit computer running
Windows 7 that has 4 instances of OpenSim 0.8 running and online to (one of
my 3 identical machines) a computer which is a 32-bit running windows xp.
This first 32-bit machine is also running the Robust, and the MySQL under
WAMP 2.0c. It is also running the first (default welcoming) instance of
OpenSim 0.8. All of this has connected and operates fine (minus profiles,
offline IMs and groups - not there yet, wanted connectivity first).

So then lead into the next 2 server computers. Both of them have been TCP
and UDP ports opened on the router. Nothing new in that area from 0.7.5
version. Originally I tried to open the 0.8 version, make the few
modifications (the basic ports and home/gate URIs, and links to the sql on
192.168.1.125). That did not work.

The next step was to retain a copy of the regions.ini and http_port_listener
for each iteration. Then I simply copied the robust server version from the
like machine (I call it opensim1) over to the 2nd server and call it
opensim2. Change the port and add in the corresponding regions.ini and give
it a whirl. It should work in my logic, but it fails. I verfieid it has at
least .NET framework of 3.5 or 4 (actually has .4 client).

Tried the same process with the 3rd server but an iteration called opensim6
(which the pastebin files below are from). It also failed ...

Here are the 4 pastebin files for your perusal and tearing it apart:

http://pastebin.com/nCARPZa6 -> Opensim Log file
http://pastebin.com/VQ5dHiye -> IP-135 Regions.ini file
http://pastebin.com/f2PNX2e6 -> Opensim.ini for IP-135
http://pastebin.com/C4UrUMd3 -> GridCommon.ini for IP-135

Awaiting other questions or possible solutions.....