[Opensim-users] How can this patent be valid.....

Wade Schuette wade.schuette at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 00:21:53 UTC 2014

Yeah, reading the 2 primary claims, I can't believe this patent could
possibly stand up to a challenge.   It attempts to claim any 2-or-more
player video game or world, with players on different computers.
Supposedly the examiner compared it to a list of a hundred similar patents
and found some difference.

Just looking at Minecraft should have been enough to toss it out,  let
alone Second Life and Open Sim.

I'm not a patent attorney, but I do have one patent and read quite a bit
when I applied for it and went through all that.   This one is fluff.
There's been a lot of fluff lately.

The first time they try to sue anyone for infringement they'll find out.
Or maybe they hope they'll get $10,000 per client to just "go away."

First impression though, is that the patent examiner should be fired.

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 5:09 PM, BoneZ <bonez at dogzhouse.com> wrote:

> This seems to include many aspects of what opensim already does....
> https://www.google.com/patents/US8621368?dq=new+
> world+studio+patent&hl=en&sa=X&ei=WCGiU66BGcTvoAS7sYHQDw&ved=0CCoQ6AEwAg
>
> Anyone know anything about this??

R. Wade Schuette, CDP, MBA, MPH
698 Monterey Ave
Morro Bay CA 93442