[Opensim-users] Autobackup Question

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 16 21:42:31 UTC 2014

I originally added this module as a contribution and somewhat regretted it, as the original submitter didn't stick
around to write doc or debug it and I've never found time to do either.  So I can't say much about how it works (or not)
and don't have much time to change that fact.  However, Alicia Raven did contribute a fix recently in c1bdd22, though
that was on 4th June so should have been in your code.

It was one of those marginal calls.  I can see where autobackup to OARs could be pretty useful - I've been in a few
situations now where people ideally would like to be able to restore the state of a region at known checkpoints.  But
it's a complicated thing to do well (esp. if one wants to avoid it taking up huge amounts of disk space) and may
arguably be better left to a more complete external system.

On 16/06/14 07:33, Philippe Scoffoni wrote:

> Le 15/06/2014 22:19, Jeff Kelley a écrit :
>> At 7:23 PM +0200 15/6/14, drWhiet wrote:
>>
>>> @Jeff: TY for the tip ; but even when i put this in my region.ini
>>>
>>> AutoBackupModuleEnabled = True
>>> AutoBackup = True
>>> AutoBackupInterval = 30
>>> AutoBackupNaming = Sequential
>>> AutoBackupDir = "."
>>> AutoBackupAgentThreshold = 0
>>> AutoBackupBusyCheck = True
>>>
>>> no backup is created ! Any ideas ?
>>

>> Is it preceded by
>>
>> [AutoBackupModule]
>>
>> ?
> Hello
>
> Do you put this section in OpenSim.ini ?
>
> What is the name you must give to the .txt ? autobackup.txt ?
>
> I only find this page on the wiki http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Feature_Proposals/AutoBackup
> And there is no information about the .txt
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Philippe

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting