[Opensim-users] about OpenSim GRID security.

David Saunders abitar.com at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 23:16:48 UTC 2014

GRid Security?

Well there is a lacking of  it. I been working on a ways to prevent
grids/Simulators to connect to our network.  Its built around allowing sims
to authenticate with a configuration server that will open the door for
them to connect to the grid services.  But I not found a list of ports that
need to open for clients to use,  and been testing a list simulator ports
to splite the services from the client to a public set of ports and the
simulator a set of private port that can be open when they connect.

 This would be easy if we did not allow trusted remote simulators to
connect.

When I asked about security lasst I was given you keep the ports a secret
and only give them out to people you trust.

A locked door is moor sure the a unlocked door behind a bush.

David.