[Opensim-users] Hoping for a fearless comparison of opensim vs unity 3D

Dr Ramesh Ramloll r.ramloll at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 18:54:13 UTC 2014

Hi Kay,
'Even the online courses that utilize extensive instructor- or
institution-created materials always simultaneously utilize a textbook (to
insure the transmission of the relevant portion of the course-specific
common body of knowledge).  In turn, the textbooks I utilize in all of my
courses change each year.  Sometimes the textbook changes simply involve a
[maddening] re-sort of the chapters (to enable the publisher to change the
edition and sell more new copies of the text).  Still (and more
importantly), it is often the case that the material in the textbook
changes (and these changes need to be reflected in the course materials and
activities).'

This observation is spot ON. Actually we have to face exactly the same
issues for hazmat emergency response courses and I suspect this is true for
most fields.