[Opensim-users] Machinima and Photography competition (Summer 2014)

Sharon Collingwood sharon_collingwood at me.com
Mon Jul 14 19:44:33 UTC 2014

Thanks Ramesh,

I also want to remind everyone about the virtual worlds wiki. There's a new page up on machinima -- specifically, machinima that we can use as part of our teaching curriculum. It's set up by teaching subject, and we haven't had any entries yet from OpenSim.

I hope you'll contribute your favourites to the page.  So far, you can just log on with an e-mail verification, but I am soon going to improve security, because the spammers are worse than the mosquitoes in my garden, and I'm spending too much time swatting them away.

Thanks in advance, everyone. Here's the link to the page: http://www.vwed.org/wiki/Machinima

On Jul 14, 2014, at 3:05 PM, Dr Ramesh Ramloll <r.ramloll at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I wanted to let the community know that there is an ongoing Machinima and Photography competition on two public regions on kitely which you can also access through HG
> More details available here
> http://rezmelacomp.wordpress.com/
> We have money Prizes in USD and the only requirement is that you need to be able to know how to take a snapshot or use a video capture software. You can make an unlimited number of submissions for both categories.
> Good luck :)
> Regards
> Ramesh
> --
> 'Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin.'
> Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040
> LinkedIn, DeepSemaphore LLC, RezMela, Google+ profile

Dr. Sharon Collingwood
Department of Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies
The Ohio State University
286 University Hall, 230 North Oval Mall
Columbus, Ohio 43210-1311

Blog: Exploring the Virtual Classroom
http://www.elliebrewster.com

Second Life, Open Sim: Ellie Brewster
Twitter: @EllieBrewster

Feminist Cyberspaces: Pedagogies in Transition
http://academia.edu/1394625/Feminist_Cyberspaces_Pedagogies_in_Transition