[Opensim-users] Rebuild

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 27 23:32:45 UTC 2014

Yes, estate information is not part of any archive file so that can't be 'rectified' in this manner.

An additional thought is that I'm not entirely sure this kind of rebuild would fix issues anyway.  Data glitches may
well find their way into the archives and you could be back with the same problems (whatever they are), though there is
some chance it may clean some data as a side effect.

On 27/08/14 19:40, Rick Anderson wrote:
> I think OpenSim needs estates and regions in place. Then load the OAR files into each one.
>
> -Rick
>

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 8:45 AM, Drover, Matt <mattdrover at mun.ca <mailto:mattdrover at mun.ca>> wrote:
>
>     Will the estates export with the oar's? The more I look into this the more work I'm finding.
>
>     Matt
>
>     On Aug 27, 2014, at 10:04 AM, "Rick Anderson" <rianders at docs.rutgers.edu <mailto:rianders at docs.rutgers.edu>> wrote:
>
>>     Move the user table  then you  would have to reset user passwords in the old build. Then make iar.
>>
>>     On Aug 26, 2014 4:48 PM, "Shaun T. Erickson" <ste at smxy.org <mailto:ste at smxy.org>> wrote:
>>
>>         You won't be able to make iars for your users as you don't know their passwords.
>>
>>         On 8/26/14, 10:11 AM, Drover, Matt wrote:
>>>         I don’t expect any errors in that table, so I was going to keep that table. That way the uuid’s match up on
>>>         the import and all the owners will keep.
>>>
>>>         -Matt
>>>
>>>         From: Rick Anderson <rianders at docs.rutgers.edu <mailto:rianders at docs.rutgers.edu>>
>>>
>>>         You'll need to recreate your users. Those won't export/import.  If anyone has a recommendation for solution
>>>         to that I'd like to know.
>>>
>>>         --Rick
>>>
>>>         On Aug 26, 2014 7:34 AM, "R.Gunther" <rigun at rigutech.nl <mailto:rigun at rigutech.nl>> wrote:
>>>
>>>             Yes, you can restore a grid with oar and iar, and is the only safe and correct way todo it if its a
>>>             compleet new fresh one.
>>>             with .sql files you need to wait and see if things go work dont.

> Rick Anderson
> Director of Virtual Worlds
> Division of Continuing Studies (DoCS)
> Rutgers University