[Opensim-users] Configuring a multi-hosted grid

Jeff Kelley opensim at pescadoo.net
Thu Aug 21 17:50:56 UTC 2014

At 12:59 PM -0400 21/8/14, David Saunders wrote:

>  A solution that helped for me,  Make sure your public IPs have
> names( ie. > >http://example.com>example.com) Its is important that
>they do for the next steps.
>What I have done in the past since most of my routers I have used do
>note provide a
>local loopback to local next work.   You can use some of the dynamic
>name sites for
>this if you cat add a machine name to a domain.

Hi David.

I have never used a domain name for opensimulator. Just because I did
not bother to find a name. I manage my name server, so it would be
easy to add any number of subdomains. I'm just lazy.

There are 2 standalones and a grid running on 88.161.20.136 (don't
try 9000, it's firewalled ; a public test standalone sits at 9100 and
the pubic grid at 8002).

Fortunately, my router does loopback, so internal and external logins
are unified.

>I have used this on a DSL modem with an dynamic IP dose not support
>loopback :|,
>1 linux robust/sim host, 1 win7 machine with simulator and multiple
>virtual linux on
>the win7 machine. I use dyndns to update the host names.

Interesting. May I ask why you virtualize Linux on Win instead of running .NET?

-- Jeff