[Opensim-users] Configuring a multi-hosted grid

Jeff Kelley opensim at pescadoo.net
Thu Aug 21 14:00:19 UTC 2014

At 8:25 AM -0500 21/8/14, James Stallings II wrote:

>  Check your firewalls and any NAT-mediated connections
>  between your external regions and robust host.

Port 9070 is mapped to the machine running the region I try to link
to the grid.
I use the same port for the simulator and the region.

Port range 9000-9100 is opened on this machine's firewall, TCP+UDP.

Two tests have been run with the same results:

- WAN test : two machines on different public IPs.

- Both machine on same LAN (router does loopback, I can click
http://88.161.20.136:9070/ from inside the LAN and see the hippos, as
you can see it from the WAN).

Of course, GridCommon.ini was edited accordingly.

-- Jeff