[Opensim-users] Googlebot trying OpenSim /agent/<uuid> ?

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 12:00:06 UTC 2014

>From: Trinity <trinity93 at gmail.com>
>may i suggest making a agents.txt available to feed to the google monster

>From: Melanie <melanie at t-data.com>
>Google is not supposed to index Opensim REST endpoints. Google's IP
>should be blocked there, it's not an indexable web page.
>Else, maybe Opensim should provide robots.txt with a generall "go
>away" in it.

Good idea Melanie and Trinity.  I assume robots.txt would need to be
incorporated in the distribution and dev code/resources as it will
not be something we can just add into a directory is it?

We get these on agent/<uuid> and object/<uuid> for entries that have
shown up in mantis issue texts and OpenSim mailing list archives.