[Opensim-users] Win-7 Region Server to Ubuntu 14.04 Robust

The Pierce Family thepierces-rwpt at charter.net
Fri Aug 1 20:45:58 UTC 2014

Justin,

Sorry for the misconception on my part. I had 3 region servers (computers)
hooked into one robust server (also running the SQL and one region) that
were all hooked up and working fine on the home network. He region servers
were running Win-XP Professional (with SP-3)

I have since opted-in to running the robust (SQL and one region) in a Ubuntu
environment, whilst two of the other region servers are in Win-7
Professional (with SP 1 installed) and another regional server in Ubuntu. I
have confirmed that all the software that is installed are all up to date.
In addition, I can see the entire Windows network from the Ubuntu drive
browser.

I believe it comes down to either an iptables or a network setting that is
only on the Ubuntu robust server. I say this because the entire network of
robust and region servers worked fine in windows.

I hope this has provided additional information and please feel free to
contact me directly if you have any specific insight. If you need my email
address (and cannot extract it from this user group) please let me know. I'd
like to be able to utilize the technology resources I have but cannot at
this time.

Randy