[Opensim-users] osgrid avatar recovery

opensim.users at katijackstudio.com opensim.users at katijackstudio.com
Tue Apr 29 01:36:40 UTC 2014

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but I've written to OSgrid about this
a few times and gotten no response.

What happened is that I created an account on OSgrid a few years ago
using an email address on a domain that I now no longer own or have
access to, and of course never got around to changing the email address
for the account. As of this January or so I haven't been able to log in
so I had a password reset sent - and as a result whoever has the domain
now (someone really slimy, judging by the site that is there now) has my
account password.

Anyone have any idea on how I can retrieve my account? I'd rather not
just write it off as it is my professional nom-de-plume that is at stake
here, has my contacts, inventory, etc. I'd rather the account get
deleted (and possibly even recreate it from scratch) than to have it
still 'live' under someone elses control.

~!CJ