[Opensim-users] client-side NPC cluster load balancing Java

Ovi Chris Rouly maelzel at ieee.org
Sat Apr 12 13:45:07 UTC 2014

Folks,

May I humbly offer to my OS-user colleagues who run scalable-sized groups of autonomous and adaptive client-side agents (NPC 'bots and Virtual Agents), some Java source code that may help balance the computational load (of those NPCs) across a private compute cluster?

http://www.maelzel.com/source/Midwife_(rev_0.2).zip

And, while this is premature, may I also offer the accompanying paper describing the inner workings of the code, the purpose of the algorithm in its historical context, and my personal use of the code as:

Title: Midwife: CPU cluster load distribution of Virtual Agent AIs
http://css.gmu.edu/papers/Rouly%2C%202014a.pdf

Respectfully,

Chris

Dept. of Cmp. Soc. Sci.