[Opensim-users] Opensim compile error under Mono 2.10

Marcus Llewellyn marcus.llewellyn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 12:05:28 UTC 2014

My steps for building tend to be as follows.

# xbuild /t:clean
# mono bin/Prebuild.exe /clean
# git pull
# ./runprebuild.sh
# xbuild
# ./revtag.sh (a tiny script that updates the .bin/.version file)

Then I'm ready to move on the the upgrade. Since you're building from
tarballs, which tend not to accrue that same sort of kipple that pulling
from git does, my process probably isn't as applicable. The cleaning steps
might be useful when retrying a compile that experiences hiccups, though.

I haven't used Nant in a very long time now... my understanding is that the
Mono team deprecated it as the official build tool quite some time ago. It
is still in common use among people compiling of OpenSim due to various
inertial factors (I think the NUnit tests are tailored for Nant in some
fashion, maybe). But for those of us just compiling to get binaries, xbuild
is probably the way to go these days.