[Opensim-users] Opensim compile error under Mono 2.10

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 3 22:38:33 UTC 2014

That shouldn't be necessary - the build should be using Mono 4.0 Profile automatically.

Try checking nant - it could be that your version is too old to recognize the Mono 4.0 Profile framework.  The one I'm
currently using on my Ubuntu 13.04 is NAnt 0.92 (Build 0.92.4526.0; rc1; 23/05/2012), which admittedly is a few years
old now.

Another sanity check - have you run ./runprebuild.sh and "nant clean build" recently?  The new profile settings would
not be updated until then but I'm guessing you have since OpenSimulator would very probably not have compiled otherwise.
  Still, I would recommend downloading the source tree to a fresh directory and trying that if you haven't already.

Finally, what happens if you use mono's bundled "xbuild" tool to perform the compile instead of nant?  xbuild will use
different project files to compile so may pick up the right framework where nant is not, which would narrow things down.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting