[Opensim-users] set prim size limit by parcel?

hazylium hazylium at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 00:15:01 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I help run a private grid for educational purposes, in which my colleagues
and I teach users basic building skills. We've set up two sandbox parcels
where all users have build perms for this purpose. This setup works fine for
the most part, but we're facing the following problem: during each building
lesson, there's almost invariably one user who creates a large prim
(anything with two dimensions over 50) which overlaps all the other users
and causes the server to crash due to ODE issues.

To resolve this issue, I would like to set fairly strict prim size limits
(as low as 10x10x10) within the sandboxes, but if at all possible I'd like
to set the limit by parcel instead of by region, as my colleagues have built
some structures in the regions that contain the sandboxes, and we'd rather
not move all those structures out of those regions.

Does anyone know of a way to set prim size limit by parcel, or by group? I'm
running OpenSim 0.7.6.1 with V2 groups, just fyi.

Apologies for the lengthy post, and much thanks in advance for any help
offered. :)