No subject

Sat Apr 19 01:53:27 UTC 2014

Perhaps I should describe a little bit more about my setup.
Currently I do not use a dyndns, but relaying only on the hosts file.
My firewall, that is also translating the address is a checkpoint R6.
Within the firewall I opened port 9000 for udp and tcp, but I don't =
think
the firewall is the problem as I'm logging the dropped packets and do =
not
see any of these 800x ports.
I went through the exchanged packets and looking for my names or IP =
addresses,
So far I didn't discover anything special, on the client side I see the =
external
IP address only and on the server side the internal one, as expected.

Do you know who is starting that region handshake?

Thanks again

Thomas

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von: ext ursula.matova at klintcentral.net =
[mailto:ursula.matova at klintcentral.net]=20
Gesendet: Dienstag, 8. April 2008 09:55
An: Mekota, Thomas (NSN - DE/Muenich); opensim-users at lists.berlios.de
Betreff: Re: [Opensim-users] NAT and standalone opensim

Hi Thomas,

I use that at Home, Standalone OpenSim, behind my "home made" firewall.
I'm not at home for now. But I'll try to remind my configuration and to =
give you some informations. ( And I'll check this evening if needed ).

First, I have created a dyndns entry, ( myserver.dyndns.org ) that =
refers to my public IP ( my Firewall public IP ),

Then, when I setup my Regions XML files : I use "server.dyndns.org" for =
the external IP address, and your local IP ( the one of your opensim =
server ) for the internal IP address.
In OpenSim.ini also update URL for ports 8001, 8002, ... 8004 to =
"server.dyndns.org".

Once done,=20

You have to setup Firewall Rules and NAT.

My Firewall is NetBSD using IPF/IPNat.

In my IPNat config file, you have to "RDR" incoming packets from any =
outside to your local opensim server. Do that for ports 8000 TCP , 8001 =
TCP , 8002 TCP , .... 8004, 9000 UDP & TCP and for your external network =
card.

In order to be able to connect to your OpenSim from "Inside", you also =
have to add a similar line for your internal network card.

Then, you also have to add some rules for these ports in your firewall =
rules.

Restart everything and should work.

Sorry, it's not very clear and my english is bad this morning. :)

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Ursula.

Mekota, Thomas (NSN - DE/Muenich) <thomas.mekota at nsn.com> a =E9crit :

> Hello everybody,
>=20
> I'm still struggling with my standalone OpenSim and NAT.
>=20
> As long as I put the external IP address in the regions file =
everything works fine and I can access the region.
>=20
> As soon as I put in the host name (DNS entries exist) in the region =
file, the client starts up normally, but