[Opensim-users] database location?

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 09:55:15 UTC 2013

it depends on how you have opensim configured and which services are using
mysql. Most of that stuff is configured in the files in your config-include
folder. Look near the bottom of OpenSim.ini to see which files are used by
your configuration, then look at that file in the config-include folder. If
you're lucky maybe your region data is stored in sqlite, in which case
there should be some files such as "OpenSim.db" in your bin folder where
OpenSim.exe is. If you dont see any *.db files, or if everything is
configured to use mysql and it was pointing to the installation that you
deleted, then I'd probably ask a mysql expert to see if anything could be
recovered. Sometimes software uninstallers leave data files on the disk and
if so maybe you got lucky.