[Opensim-users] database location?

opensim.users at katijackstudio.com opensim.users at katijackstudio.com
Mon Sep 23 08:58:55 UTC 2013

I am actually kind of afraid of the answer to this question...: Where
is the database file stored?

So, funny story...

I'm running XAMPP & d2 (or rather, I was) and XAMPP was causing
problems for me. In the course of troubleshooting, I figured a complete
reinstall of XAMPP was in order. Since I was using the 7z version of
XAMPP, I simply deleted the whole folder - and proceeded to empty the
recycle bin (gotta keep tidy, you know). I then reinstalled XAMPP, but
OpenSim won't run. Then my brain kicked into gear...

Where does OpenSim keep the actual database files on the HDD? Are they
stored in a directory in OpenSim, or in MySQL within XAMPP?

I really really hope I haven't done something embarasingly foolish...!
(Backups? Who has the time?)

~!CJ