[Opensim-users] Intermittently unable to teleport into my grid

EGBainbridge/Apollo Manga tamrider at frodo.tv
Sun Sep 22 19:18:06 UTC 2013

XenaW, that's really interesting about you being able to teleport from
Sanctuary but not from your grid.  I've been testing teleporting back from
several grids, but not yet Sanctuary.

The problem tends to be intermittent.  It probably just happened to clear up
when you teleported from Sanctuary to my grid.   I tried it just now and was
not able to teleport to my grid from either Wright Plaza or Sanctuary.

The interesting thing is that I get a different error message for the two
grids.  When I try to teleport back from Wright Plaza, I get the message
that the destination cannot be found, but teleporting back from Santuary I
get the message that there's a problem at the destination.  I don't have
time to look into it today, but will  look at it again this evening or
tomorrow.

As I've said in previous posts, the problem tends to happen most during the
hours after I first restart my grid.  Then it becomes intermittent, then it
clears up entirely.  This leads me to suspect something in my config files
not being initialized correctly, but Justincc suspects it may be a network
problem.   I'm looking into both my network and my config files as possible
causes.

-----
 Apollo Manga (Erik Gordon Bainbridge)
 Writer, instructor, former software engineer
 Northern California
 ErikBainbridge.com
 VirtualMarin.com