[Opensim-users] Anyone has some info about viewers that support or will support oculus rift?

Dr Ramesh Ramloll r.ramloll at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 12:08:12 UTC 2013

Thanks for all the information. Really helps me a lot. I think we will soon
see that migrating into immersive 3D will drag with it a lot of
functionalities from the client to the server side of things. This is
probably inevitable as we will need to rethink about how to build a back
end to support in an inworld UI for the Rift interface (not only for users
of our virtual worlds, but also for its creators).
p.s. I will try to post to other forums and be more careful about relevance
(which is difficult). but I find a lot of like minded individuals here on
the opensim users list, that's why I post for conversations which may be
useful.

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 6:31 AM, Tom Bess <tom.willans at bessacarr.com> wrote:

> There is one viewer at the alpha stage based upon firestorm.
> http://ctrlaltstudio.com/viewer has other 3d elements as well.
>
> Do not know if this helps. Am researching an area involving the rift now.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Tom
>
> Tom Willans  BSc(Hons)  MBCS  CITP
> PhD Student
> Serious Games Institute, Coventry University
> United Kingdom
>
> Managing Director Bessacarr Publications Ltd
> +44 (0)121 288 0281
> email: tom.willans at bessacarr.com
> skype: tom.willans
> Second Life and OSGrid: Tom Tiros
>
> Sent from my mobile
>

> On 21 Sep 2013, at 22:49, "M.E. Verhagen" <marceled9 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yes it seems to be primairly an implementation on the viewer side for the
> occultus rift thing. So the opensim developers probably won't have to do
> anything for the rift to work.
> This is not a third party developers mailing list, if you want info if
> viewers like firestorm will support the occultus rift device you will have
> to consult their forums or mailing lists.
>

> 2013/9/21 EGBainbridge/Apollo Manga <tamrider at frodo.tv>
>
>> CtrlAltStudio's viewer is only preliminary, with just basic functions.  My
>> understanding is that third party viewer developers are all waiting to see
>> what Linden Lab will do.  It's the 8000 pound gorilla in our little room.
>>

>> -----
>>  Apollo Manga (Erik Gordon Bainbridge)
>>  Writer, instructor, former software engineer
>>  Northern California
>>  ErikBainbridge.com
>>  VirtualMarin.com
>> --

> Groningen en Hannover Opensims:   secondlife://meverhagen.nl:8002:HannoverZW/

*Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate *Research
Associate Professor*, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel:
208-240-0040
Blog <http://deepsemaphore.posterous.com/>,
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>
, DeepSemaphore LLC <http://www.deepsemaphore.com>, Google+