[Opensim-users] OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe

EGBainbridge/Apollo Manga tamrider at frodo.tv
Thu Sep 19 16:28:00 UTC 2013

A page dated March 1, 2012 on the OpenSimulator.fr website
(http://opensimulator.fr/article.php/opensimulator-0-7-3) makes the
following statement:

"OpenSimulator can now be run as a 64-bit Windows process by starting it
with OpenSim.exe rather than OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe."

I don't see this supported on the OpenSimulator.org site.  Is the statement
true?  I'm considering switching from an OpenSUSE Linux server to Windows
Server 2008 R2, so I'm wondering.

If it's not true, how effective is running multiple instances of
OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe for full utilization of RAM above the 32-bit
limitation?  I initially chose Linux so I could address all of my 16GB of
RAM, but I've recently switched from a single OpenSim instance to five
instances.  OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe may not be the limitation it would have
been when I was running only one instance.

-----
 Apollo Manga (Erik Gordon Bainbridge)
 Writer, instructor, former software engineer
 Northern California
 ErikBainbridge.com
 VirtualMarin.com