[Opensim-users] Having some various teleport issues on OS 0.7.6?

Chris mewtwo0641 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 23:47:38 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I'm running 0.7.6 at commit 8996ac1 and am noticing a few issues that
show up after several TP attempts. Whenever I teleport around several
times between regions there some random side effects that sometimes
trigger after the teleport is complete. The side effects that happen
after the teleport issue is triggered seem non related to each other so
the best I can do is put what I see happening in a short list; one or
more of these side effects may show up:

* Scripts in some or all attachments get completely reset upon TP completion

* Scripts in attachments freeze and are unresponsive and then some or
all of them get completely reset upon relog

* Teleports do not complete or take a very long time to complete

* After TP completion surrounding regions disappear and it is impossible
to access them until relog (Sometimes takes a couple relogs for the
region(s) to come back into view).

* If doing a region cross (as opposed to direct teleport) all (or the
majority of) attachments disappear and the avatar drifts  or walks
endlessly into the void requiring a relog (This one is harder to
trigger; it requires rapidly crossing region borders. It's easier to see
this issue if you have 4 regions connected together in a square grid
fashion, go to the center of the 4 regions, and fly around its center in
a circle, rapidly crossing the borders until the issue is triggered. The
presence of attachments (scripted or non-scripted) do not seem to
matter; was able to trigger it in this fashion either way)

These issues seem to come up most often when using the map or tp lure to
teleport around to various regions; especially when traveling to other
regions that are not adjacent to one another (i.e. teleporting to
regions that are say 2 or 3 (or more) spaces apart from each other).
It's very inconsistent as to when it is triggered but I've been able to
successfully get one or more of the side effects to come about after a
couple minutes of teleporting about (within approximately 5 - 10 teleports).

The presence of sleeps used with a timer event with in attachments seem
to exacerbate it and make it show up a bit more often but it doesn't
necessarily seem to be a key point in triggering the issue. Changed
event firing on CHANGED_REGION also seem to make it show up a bit more
often. Although both of these may just be my imagination =) but it seems
to work out that way more often than not.

The script freezes and/or state reset issues seem to be what I see most
often after the TP issue is triggered.

These are the only relevant messages I could find in my log when the
issue is triggered:

15:55:32,341 WARN  -
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Framework.EntityTransfer.EntityTransferModule
[ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE]: Region Test Region 3 did not accept Test User
3557bf78-5e34-4e6c-b37c-2a5a8527e3e2: Failed to verify user presence in
the grid for Test User, access denied to region Test Region 3.

and

16:55:32 - [SCENE PRESENCE]: Did not find presence with id
3557bf78-5e34-4e6c-b37c-2a5a8527e3e2 in Region 6 before timeout
16:55:32 - [ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE]: UpdateAgent failed on teleport of
Test User to Region 6 Keeping avatar in Test Region 2

I am testing with script strategy set to abort. I have tried to test
with co-op but I keep getting a rash of could not start script errors
for scripted attachments advising me to either delete the scripts in
ScriptEngines or set DeleteScriptsOnStartup to true, both of which I
have tried several times and restarted OpenSim but the error messages
keep persisting. Setting AppDomainLoading to true or false does not seem
to make a difference either. So basically I am unable to test with
script strategy set to co-op.

Apologies if this seems broken up or scatter-brained but since this
issue results in multiple random side effects it's a bit hard for me to
put it all into a concise easy to read and follow explanation.

Is any one else experiencing this?

Thanks!

--
OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.6 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine