[Opensim-users] trouble with new osgrid region

James Stallings II james.stallings at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 00:21:31 UTC 2013

No argument here whether opensim can be tuned to a VPS (and vice versa);
nor that such a configuration can be successfully operated providing such
tuning has been performed.

That being said, most VPS are not provisioned by the end user, and are
typically being selected out of an abundance  of concern pursuant to cost
of operations over concerns relating to performance.

To make matters worse for those attempting to provide support, the
preponderance of VPS offerings in the marketplace simply do not have the
resources to do more than a passing job of opensim hosting.

For this reason it has been the case that we at OSgrid, historically at
least, tend to decline to support instances implemented on VPS. Of course,
anyone can offer advice and opinion. YMMV.

Cheers