[Opensim-users] linking furniture to a house build

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 22:59:36 UTC 2013

Sorry, the problem is serious but all these things that happen and the
descriptions make me laugh.  I have the same issues.  For me, I try to
stand up n my boat and end up launched into the sky and into the ocean.
Not quite as funny as being shoved out of a spaceship though.  I am glad
I don't have my sim set for causing damage.  We would all get out of a
chair and kil ourselves by the ejection.

InuYasha.

On 2/26/2013 10:15 AM, R.Gunther wrote:
> On top of this problem, my last experience is that the rotation of the
> prim is important to.
> Last time with some object, i got pushed true my spaceship floor when
> i did standup. and its a long way down !
> But the big jumps are indeed weird.
>
> On 2013-02-26 15:28, Nebadon Izumi wrote:
>> The problem is linksets, I had reported this bug a long time ago, if
>> you have a large couch it will jump you to where ever the root prim
>> is when you stand, the only option is to unlink the prims that you
>> actually sit on, we really need to fix all these sitting bugs, I hear
>> from a lot of people that this problem effects them, right now its
>> probably one of the most wide spread issues reported to me.
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM, Justin Clark-Casey
>> <jjustincc at googlemail.com <mailto:jjustincc at googlemail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     I suspect this would be the case.  It's a bug which might be
>>     connected with OpenSimulator's current issues with sitting on any
>>     prim other than the root prim (mouse look is in wrong place,
>>     etc.).  Or it may be a generic linkset bug which is probably due
>>     to scene code rather than physics (though you could try BulletSim
>>     if you haven't already).
>>

>>     On 25/02/13 23:23, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:
>>
>>         Yes everything is in one linkset .... because the whole
>>         objects needs to be manipulated as well when needed via scripts.
>>         Having one linkset ... makes manipulation simpler.
>>         Am thinking if this jumping out of seat to the outside
>>         happens for an all_linked_house, then it should happen for say a
>>         big space craft as well ... wondering if this happens for
>>         seats linked into a large vehicle.
>>
>>         On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM, Justin Clark-Casey
>>         <jjustincc at googlemail.com <mailto:jjustincc at googlemail.com>
>>         <mailto:jjustincc at googlemail.com
>>         <mailto:jjustincc at googlemail.com>>> wrote:
>>
>>             If rezzing from inventory, you could use coalesced
>>         objects (by selecting multiple prim sets at once and taking them
>>             into inventory).
>>
>>             However, with the current implementation of coalesced
>>         objects, all the object data is put into one big asset.  I
>>             believe this limits the number of objects one can take in
>>         this way (I don't know what the limit is but I've heard of
>>             people hitting it).
>>
>>             A popular alternative, I believe, is to have a script
>>         which rezzes the objects for the user.
>>
>>             I'm not sure why standing from sitting on a sofa is
>>         putting you outside the house (assuming it's not a very very
>>             small house).  Is everything one linkset?
>>

>>             On 25/02/13 21:05, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:
>>
>>                 Hello,
>>                 wanted to see if I could get some ideas about this. I
>>         am trying to rezz a whole house including furnitures e.g.
>>                 chairs
>>                 in one go. The reason being that folks who will be
>>         rezzing the house and rotating and positioning them don't
>>                 have the
>>                 time to rezz a house first, and then add furniture
> [...]

Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).