[Opensim-users] Inventory storage details - at server?

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 22 06:15:50 UTC 2012

This may be due to a bug that existed until fairly recently where inventory folder versions were not incremented
properly.  I can imagine that it would cause these kind of symptoms if one were concurrently using two different viewer
installations for the same account.  In theory, the problem should also be resolved after relog when it occurs.

This is fixed in master code and the fix is in the latest osgrid release.

On 21/11/12 20:04, Nebadon Izumi wrote:
> You need to clear the viewers cache on the 2nd viewer the object was not created in, then the object will show up, I
> suspect you would have similar issues in Second Life as well.
>
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Joe Photon <joephoton at gmail.com <mailto:joephoton at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I am running an OpenSim 0.7.4 standalone installation which I access from multiple clients on my network.  I am
>     using just one agent, and I amusing just one viewer, the Singularity 1.7.2 (2956).   Inventory items that I create
>     while using one client computer do not always show up when I log on later using a different client.  I thought that
>     the inventory was kept on the server, so I expected that I would see the same inventory regardless of which client
>     computer I used.  Am I wrong about that?  If not, what am I missing?
>
>     --
>
>     JP

> Michael Emory Cerquoni

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)