[Opensim-users] Feature Request for HyperGrid - source publishing.

Teravus Ovares teravus at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 06:44:09 UTC 2012

Hi Diva,

I have a feature request for Hypergrid ( It might be possible for me to
however you're the keeper of the hypergrids ).

The feature request is as follows.

When items transfer from one grid to another via Hypergrid, the asset gets
marked with the user that created the object, and the grid that it was
originally on (if it isn't already filled).     The benefit of this feature
is that in the editor panel and detailed object information panel, you
would know immediately what user created it on what grid.

This would do two things...    it would allow easier tracking of item
transfer...        and it would promote the originating grid giving the
originating grid a reason to enable hypergrid..     free props from content
shares.     It would add to the social aspect of content sharing by giving
content creator props where due.      As far as the technical means to do
it..     I propose a one-time fill text field that contains creator
deriviative history (I was thinking just one level...  but if it's doable,
it might be better to have more(such as an object 'git or SVN log').   The
Grid Information can come from the GridInfo service that has become fairly
prevalent.    The addition of that extra information would, again, provide
users with a reason to share content across the hypergrid, provide a grid a
reason to allow content to be shared across the hypergrid...    and origin
information from the object that would be invaluable for object inspection.

Let me know what you think..   what the technical hurdles are..    or
whatever else is on your mind about it!

Thanks and Best Regards

Teravus