[Opensim-users] A bit confused

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 10 02:39:29 UTC 2012

Require commit is 61b816ebba57307410d877c4190e81b6469718cb from Fri Nov 9 01:18:11 2012

If you only see it on osgrid then this is an important point.  As we know, asset migration has/is going on which make
effect service response times and there are many other possible factors.  What I really need is data from smaller grids,
preferably as simple as possible (e.g. all simulators in same place with services).

On 09/11/12 14:46, Nebadon Izumi wrote:
> The OSgrid Robust server has the Diva HG 2.0 updates but because of the configuration of OSgrid it will not provide any
> benefit for this grid, because of the open nature of the grid we can not really benefit from these changes.  Is there
> any specific Git HASH that you were looking for specifically, I can verify we are fully updated.
>
> On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 6:49 AM, Ai Austin <ai.ai.austin at gmail.com <mailto:ai.ai.austin at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     At 11:00 09/11/2012, JustinCC wrote:
>
>         So as I know you follow the master code, Ai, could you test this and see if it has an impact?  This will need a
>         ROBUST
>         update, and so will not be live on osgrid until the services are updated there, but if I remember you've also
>         seen this
>         on your own grid.  To have an effect, as above, it may require 2 viewer relogs and/or a cache clear.
>

>     http://opensimulator.org/__mantis/view.php?id=6412 <http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6412>
>
>     Justin, I have updated the Openvue grid to r/20937 9-Nov-2012 and checked we are all set for Diva's HG2.0 config
>     changes at the same time.   I also cleared all my own viewer caches just to be sure.
>
>     I am not actually sure I have seen the serious issues on Openvue grid - or not so obviously anyway... it seems to be
>     our own add on regions to OSGrid that are affected, which is what I have reported.  I will update those now too,but
>     as you say we need to wait fro a core Robust services update on OSGrid to have this in a clean state for testing and
>     reporting if there are issues remaining after your changes.  Maybe the OSGrid folks could let us know via this list
>     when that is updated so we know when to recheck things?

> Michael Emory Cerquoni

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting
http://justincc.org