[Opensim-users] A question for the sound

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 19:32:33 UTC 2012

Hi Christina,

I use Imprudence 1.3.x on a Windows 7 64-bit machine and have never had
trouble with any sounds playing, so I know that sound _can_ work in that
environment.  However, I also remember that Imprudence users had reported a
variety of audio problems due to different audio drivers, and my guess it
that's probably the issue you are facing.  If that's the case, the issue
isn't with Opensim at all, but rather an issue with the viewer and your
specific audio drivers.

The first thing I'd suggest is switching to a different viewer to see if
the problem persists, something like Firestorm or Teapot, since I think
they are using relatively different code bases.  If you still can't hear
any audio using a different viewer, I'd also check to make sure all of your
audio drivers are up to date.

Best of luck and will look forward to hearing how it goes!

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406A Zimmer Hall
315 College Drive