[Opensim-users] osNpcLoadApparence severe issue

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 21:03:57 UTC 2012

Well before I said, "Now with the osNpcLoadAppearence with the release
of 0.7.3.1, I can give NPCs a try."  I guess I will just wait again
until this is worked on.  Don't worry, so many other wonderful things
have been given to us by these brilliant minds working on opensim, I
have so much else to work on before I try this new NPC functionality.

I think opensim will keep me busy for the rest of my life.

InuYasha.

On 3/31/2012 8:42 AM, Olivier van Helden wrote:
> (note: too bad I noticed that *after* the 0.7.3.1 release, sorry Justin)
>
> In my install osNpcLoadAppearence makes the simulator severely crash if called twice and too fast for the same NPC.
> (I say "severly" because console does not respond anymore, kill doesn't kill and I have to kill the parent process to actually kill mono)
>
> I tested on Linux and FreeBSD. I didn't have the chance (and didn't want) to check on anyone else installation (I definitively don't want to crash somebody else server just for tests).
> But if anyone has a crash-test simulator with NPC allowed, I would be happy to test my script there.
>
> I have an NPC creator, which allows to switch appearance. Works fine, unless I click too fast.
>
> If I call osNpcLoadAppearence a second time, before the appearance is razzed, the (let's say within the next second), the simulator crashes, without specific error in the log.
>
> Of course, I can update my lsl script to handle that. But the crash makes a high thread risk.
>
> The script engine should do at least one of the following:
> 	- force sleep after osNpcLoadAppearance
> 	- fail, silently or with an error code if fired twice for the same NPC within a given interval, or before the new appearance has finished loading.

Opensim User: Standalone Grid on Version 0.7.2 with 56 Regions
on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 ghz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard
Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Voice and
Offline Mesages all working.