[Opensim-users] invisible mesh upload question

Sarah Wise swise5 at gmu.edu
Wed Mar 28 03:21:00 UTC 2012

We're running OpenSim 7.3 on a Linux box, and I've been uploading it
using the same .dae file for the physics shape. I'm uploading/viewing
from a SL 3.3 or 3.2.8 viewer, sadly both with the same results as I
described above.

When I was able to upload the mesh with textures and everything, I was
running OpenSim 7.2 on my own laptop (a MacBook Pro running Snow
Leopard) and using the 3.2.8 viewer to upload and view. I used the
.dae file for the physics shape and was able to interact and walk
around within the model with no problem. However, using the same .dae
(and the same upload process) on OpenSim 7.3 running on a different
machine, I get the weirdness depicted in my original images. Could
this be a problem with the way we've configured our settings? (we're
using different databases, if that enlightens)