[Opensim-users] invisible mesh upload question

Sarah Wise swise5 at gmu.edu
Fri Mar 23 21:18:34 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm encountering a problem uploading meshes to an OpenSim instance.
The meshes were built in Google Sketchup 8, and I've tested them on
another version of OpenSim and found that they perform as expected.
However, on this new version, when I upload a mesh and give it a
physics shape defined by the .dae, the uploaded mesh is not rendered.
It is visibly present in the minimap, and is also visible when I turn
on metadata rendering and render physics shapes. I've uploaded
screenshots of both the rendered view
(http://www.css.gmu.edu/swise/rendering.png) and the physics shape
view (http://www.css.gmu.edu/swise/physicsShapes.png).

I would deeply appreciate any insight into what's going on here. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Sarah