[Opensim-users] Open Sim 0.7.4- terrain loading problems

ANN CUDWORTH anncdesigns at verizon.net
Mon Mar 19 02:37:44 UTC 2012

Thanks, James- I did that (png) and got the same response- nothing, just a line advancement in the command window.
Then I tried some new RAW files, ones I had  made earlier this afternoon and tested in Sim on a stick, Open Sim came back with "another terrain is already loading"
So I closed the 4 regions I'm working on, and restarted them- using the latest upgrade of Open Sim-
And I went to the Imprudence download page, got the latest Beta version 1.4, and installed it.
Now it will let me load the RAW files from the browser, under protest- it gives repeated error messages in red text- "could not find uploader for xfer id
5000, packet id, data length 1000" in the command window the whole time, and it loads the terrain with some real bad gashes in it, in some cases, the
terrain profile has slipped to the other side of the sim.
The terrain tools are very sluggish, so I will restart the regions again, to see if that clears.
I think the salient point is that Imprudence needs to be upgraded for us to use the estate tools in the newer versions on Open Sim, but that is just conjecture on my part.

Close to the edge-