[Opensim-users] Open Sim 0.7.4- terrain loading problems

ANN CUDWORTH anncdesigns at verizon.net
Sat Mar 17 20:06:43 UTC 2012

HI everyone, I am hoping someone has been able to solve this problem, because I cannot seem to.. we just got our grid upgraded to 0.7.4, and everything seems to be working fine, but the terrain commands.

I am trying to terraform 4 regions- one at a time- none of the following methods have allowed me to make any kind of change on the terrain.

1) uploading a grayscale jpg file to the c:\simulators\ region\bin folder - and using "terrain load filename.jpg"
this returned an error message about being unable to parse the jpg file.

2) uploading a .raw file, (one that previously worked, and I tested it in Sim on a Stick)  into ...region\bin folder and using "terrain load filename.raw"
This did not get any response, it simple advanced the line in the window

Region (Aurum) # terrain load Aurum_test_soas.raw
Region (Aurum) #

3) uploading an OAR file of just the terrain I want to make to same ...region\bin folder
this OAR was made on simonastick 0.7.3 version
- it returned this error message

Region (Aurum) # load oar Aurum_test2.oar
11:25:56 - [ARCHIVER]: Loading archive to region Aurum from Aurum_test2.oar
11:25:56 - [ARCHIVER]: Loading OAR with version 0.7
11:25:56 - [ARCHIVER]: Aborting load with error in archive file terrains/simonas
tick 1.r32.  System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have tried to upload the RAW file from Imprudence 1.3.2.  the program responds, says its loading the file,
but nothing changes, even after waiting overnight.

I can get terrain fill to work, so i have flat ground right now.

If anyone has answer to this, I am all ears!
Thanks for your time-
Annabelle