[Opensim-users] Posted osGetInventoryLandmarkParams on mantis (Function to read a landmark)

Gudule Lapointe gudule at spekuloos.be
Thu Mar 15 16:55:57 UTC 2012

Though "About landmark" is a viewer think, it relies on info given by the server.
Having the same issues as with the internal GetRegionByUUID leads me to the conclusion that the failure is a server thing.

I made additional test using my OSGrid account, and got the same issues (leads me to thing it's not a config issue, but a software issue)

Here is the detailed process:

- Hyperlink to a foreign grid and add a landmark
	-> in some places, the landmark shows as local, but this seems to be a foreign-grid config or server version issue (to be confirmed)
	-> I made test with both landmarks showing as local and landmarks showing as HG
	-> at this stage it displays complete information, including gatekeeper, description, region name…
	-> if patch is applied, the function osGetInventoryLandmarkParams  returns relevant information
	-> typing "show hyperlinks" in sim's console show the temporary linked region
- Log off, shut down and restart your sim (restarting robust is not mandatory to observe the issue)
	-> it displays only basic information (same as information available in landmark name and landmark desc)
	-> if patch is applied, the function osGetInventoryLandmarkParams  returns only information not depending of region info, and gatekeeper is incorrect
	-> typing "show hyperlinks" in sim's console show the temporary linked region has disappeared (as expected)

In both cases, landmark teleport does work, whatever information is available.

As landmark info is a feature depending on info given by the server, the server should have a fallback process to request new information if HG region is unlinked

--
http://www.speculoos.net/
secondlife://speculoos.net:8002/