[Opensim-users] Fucntion to read a landmark

M.E. Verhagen marceled9 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 00:08:17 UTC 2012

the description property.

and the hypergrid adres is stored in the description, for instance
'region-name @ speculoos.net:8002'

Op dinsdag 13 maart 2012 schreef Gudule Lapointe (gudule at spekuloos.be) het
volgende:
> The word "Desc" is ambiguous. Is it related to all object properties or
to only the "description" property?
> Of course, description property does not help for the landmark
> --
> http://www.speculoos.net/
> secondlife://speculoos.net:8002/
> Speculoos, the belgian cookie-flavored metaverse
> Le 12 mars 2012 à 23:46, M.E. Verhagen a écrit :
>
> yes a function to get the description of an object in the inventory of
prim.

> i looked into it and it was suprisingly easy to do, since there is
already a function to get the name.

jjustincc at googlemail.com) het volgende:
>> There does seem to be no function to do this (it looks like it's done in
SL by roundabout web queries).

>> It would be interesting to have something like an
osRequestInventoryData(string name, list rules) where rules contains some
constant like LANDMARK_REGION_NAME.

>> On 10/03/12 21:39, Gudule Lapointe wrote:
>>>
>>> That is interesting, but not enough….
>>>
>>> But the only thing I get seems to be the global (wold coordinate)
position of the object:
>>> like<256128.1, 256127.4, 27.73114>
>>>
>>> Not even the region name, and in case of HG landmark, no indication on
the grid url

>>> --
>>> http://www.speculoos.net/
>>> secondlife://speculoos.net:8002/
>>> Speculoos, the belgian cookie-flavored metaverse

gudule at spekuloos.be>) het volgende:
drop a landmark in the prim instead of encoding

ZW/