[Opensim-users] Fucntion to read a landmark

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 12 21:48:23 UTC 2012

There does seem to be no function to do this (it looks like it's done in SL by roundabout web queries).

It would be interesting to have something like an osRequestInventoryData(string name, list rules) where rules contains
some constant like LANDMARK_REGION_NAME.

On 10/03/12 21:39, Gudule Lapointe wrote:
> That is interesting, but not enough….
>
> But the only thing I get seems to be the global (wold coordinate) position of the object:
> like<256128.1, 256127.4, 27.73114>
>
> Not even the region name, and in case of HG landmark, no indication on the grid url
>

> --
> http://www.speculoos.net/
> secondlife://speculoos.net:8002/
> Speculoos, the belgian cookie-flavored metaverse
>
> Le 10 mars 2012 à 22:13, M.E. Verhagen a écrit :
>
>> the following lsl function can be used to extract some data out of landmaks:
>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlRequestInventoryData
>>
>> Op zaterdag 10 maart 2012 schreef Gudule Lapointe (gudule at spekuloos.be <mailto:gudule at spekuloos.be>) het volgende:
>> > Is there a way to read the coordinates of a landmark from within a script?
>> > I made several flavors of blame gates and I would like to be able to drop a landmark in the prim instead of encoding
>> the uri
>> >

>> > --
>> > http://www.speculoos.net/
>> > secondlife://speculoos.net:8002/ <http://speculoos.net:8002/>
>> > Speculoos, the belgian cookie-flavored metaverse
>> >

>> --
>> Groningen en Hannover Opensims: secondlife://meverhagen.nl:8002:Hannover ZW/

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog
http://twitter.com/justincc