[Opensim-users] Transfer Ecerything from one Version to the Next

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 10 02:27:24 UTC 2012

On 09/03/12 12:51, Gmail Account wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know I read this somewhere before, but cannot find it.
>
> How do I transfer all my regions and objects in those regions from my older OpenSim to the Newer?
>
> I saw a tutorial somewhere...

If they're all in one database then just point your new installation at the existing database.  The data will be
migrated automatically for use with the newer version.  For 0.7.2 -> 0.7.3, you will probably also be able to go back to
the previous version but this is not guaranteed.  Of course, you would take a backup of the data first.

The alternative is to save OARs/IARs from the previously installation and manually load them to the new.  But this is
more labour intensive, particularly if you have many users.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog