[Opensim-users] Restart Robust with our restarting sims

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 6 02:57:04 UTC 2012

There shouldn't be any issue with simply restarting ROBUST whilst simulators are running.  All the services are
stateless and any important information (e.g. simulator registrations) will be stored in the database.

This should be a matter of just typing 'quit' on the robust console command line and then restarting it from the shell.

On 05/03/12 17:12, Gudule Lapointe wrote:

> At first sight, it seems obvious that the safe method to restart Robust is to first shut down all sims connected.
> And in practice, If I try without doing so, I get error messages and/or crashes on my sims.
>
> However, looking at projects like OSGrid where it is not just feasible to force sims shutdown, I suppose there is a
> procedure to restart only Robust?
>
> Any info?
>

> --
> http://www.speculoos.net/
> secondlife://speculoos.net:8002/
> Speculoos, the belgian cookie-flavored metaverse

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog
http://twitter.com/justincc