[Opensim-users] Exporting from Second Life

Drew Hart drewehart at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 14:40:32 UTC 2012

Thanks for the all the info.  I consider myself pretty well versed in IP
law (15 years of being a IP lawyer legal secretary) and I am very careful
to follow those laws and do respect them.  When I approach creaters in SL,
I specifically get rights to grids outside of SL.  In Stroker's case this
was not possible as he cut himself off.  I believe I have most of the
"Stroker" story and there was a lot of controversy but that deals with his
partnership and they only claim ownership to animations.  If you see a
SexGen with 600 anims, then it is in dispute and no one should touch it.
They did make a script to strip out the disputed anims, leaving about 300
which fall under Stroker's legal authority.  It is a bit grey, relying on
forum postings, etc., but from what I can tell, stroker's are okay to
export (legally if not practically).  At any rate, I really do want to
bring them to just my personal grid, so I doubt it would become an issue.
I don't plan on bringing them to OSGrid, or something.  Though, if you are
into those things, these are 300 quality animations, plus a lot of objects
and a complex script.  It certainly would be interesting just for testing
purposes to see how it all worked on an OpenSim grid, which is also my
motivation.  Thanks,

Drew