[Opensim-users] llSleep()

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Mon Aug 20 07:48:03 UTC 2012

The recommended programming technique is to avoid the use of llSleep
altogether.

Instead, run a timer using the desired delay. llSleep is run
synchronously and actually sleeps the thread. There is a limited
number of script threads (adjustable) that allows some control over
how many scripts can simultaneously sleep (default 2). Timers, OTOH,
are run asynchronously and therefore don't have llSleep's simwide
side effects.

Melanie