[Opensim-users] Cleaned up freeswitch voice instructions

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 26 22:20:03 UTC 2011

fyi, today I did some work on the freeswitch voice wiki page [1], clarifying some of the instructions and adding a new
section on how to actually start up the various bits and what kind of thing you should expect to see in the log.

I followed these instructions through to get my Freeswitch setup working again under OpenSim 0.7.2-rc2 on a single
region standalone.  Both viewer 1 and viewer 2/3 appear to be working on standalone.  Even under Freeswitch, Viewer 2/3
voice quality seems much better than 1, or perhaps the default is just louder.

Unfortunately, I also confirmed the fact that Freeswitch voice for an entire grid is not implemented, and that the
instructions are misleading on that score.  I put a warning on the top of the page rather than change it completely.
since the grid option will hopefully be implemnted some time in the future.

However, Ai's section at the bottom suggests that even without the ability to run the Freeswitch service component as a
ROBUST grid service, it's still possible to adjust the config in such a way that voice covers an entire grid.  However,
I don't currently have the opportunity to try or elaborate on this.

[1] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Freeswitch_Module

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog