[Opensim-users] OpenSim Features: Script Association and Mesh Import

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 24 01:16:57 UTC 2011

On 23/09/11 17:31, Robert Martin wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 4:28 AM, Miguel de Melo<tripac at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I've been working on a project with OpenSim and the libomv but i'm
>> experiencing some issues ...
>> I want to do two things:
>>
>> 1 - Import prims and associate automatically a script to them;
>> 2 - Import mesh's and associate automatically a script to them;
>>
>> I want to make this steps in an automated way.. Like trough a bot or an
> what may help is some sort of utility to build/edit IAR/OAR files. Is
> there decent and current documentation on the format of the *AR
> files??
>
> I think both of them are tar.gz files with a mix of assets and XML
> "glue" files but im not sure of the details.

Yes, in principle you could edit the files but in practice it would be tough to construct regions or items this way
(though not impossible).

The chief problem is probably the arbitrary nature of the scene object data formats, which stems from their origin as
internal XML object serializations.  Some parts of the data are redundant and other parts are obscure, such as the
TextureEntry for a shape (which comes from the Second Life serialization format and has to be decoded/encoded using
libomv rather than being a sensible set of human readable UUIDs).

At some point this stuff will need improving.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog