[Opensim-users] Opensim Educators Mailing List

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 20:58:06 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Last week, Peter Miller held a meetup for educators using or interested in
exploring Opensim for educational projects
http://tidalblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/hypergrid-educators-map-and-meetup-this.html
and
as a result of that meeting, one of our after-action items was to set up a
stable mailing list for educators working with Opensim.

We've had a small group test the listserv this week to ensure everything is
running properly and are now ready to invite the edu community (and other
interested folks) to subscribe.  The list will serve a similar purpose as
the Second Life Education (SLED) list, providing a forum for communication
about issues that particularly effect edu institutions, faculty, students,
staff, and others working on education related projects on the Opensim
platform.

OpenSim Education List:

Please let me know if you run into any problems signing up and thanks to
Peter and all the folks who attended the meetup for helping test this week!

Sincerely,

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque)
Project Manager, UC Second Life
Second Life Ambassador, Ohio Learning Network
UCit Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406E Zimmer Hall
PO Box 210088