[Opensim-users] SoaS offline question & shiny helm

Mimetic Core core at odosys.net
Mon Sep 12 03:22:18 UTC 2011

That's a strange one.  I'm by no means familiar with that aspect of the
viewer code, but my best guess would be that since Imp is a hybrid viewer
it needs to stop and send out that precious ping before it moves on to the
final connection phase - regardless of which grid you're headed for - to
maintain Linden's seal of approval.  If a particular viewer was geared
ONLY for OpenSim grids it probably wouldn't need this extra procedure.
I'm sure someone here can give you a definite answer.

-core