[Opensim-users] OpenSim 0.7.2-rc1 source and binary packages now available

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 9 21:35:29 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

OpenSimulator 0.7.2-rc1 source and binary packages are now available at http://dist.opensimulator.org.

These packages incorporate all code changes from master dev as of today.  Please see the in-development release notes at
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.7.2_Release for details of all changes since OpenSim 0.7.1.1.

The most annoying problem is the lack of default body part/clothing entries for an avatar, which causes new viewer 2
users to appear as clouds until they create and wear the necessary items, or unless some external code sets these up.
It may be necessary to address this before release proper.

As this is the first release candidate, I'm going to wait awhile before publicising the release candidate beyond these
lists, or possibly hold off until rc2.

Feedback welcome, and please feel free to update the release notes if necessary.  I have created a new OpenSim 0.7.2-rc1
entry in Mantis.  For now, you could also just file bugs against master as they are identical, though on different
branches.  At this point, we only guarantee to look at serious regressions since OpenSim 0.7.1.1.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog