[Opensim-users] New thread to launch osTeleportxxxx and ScriptSleep

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 8 19:05:34 UTC 2011

The script sleeps are designed to stop scripts overloading a sim with expensive requests, so practically speaking they
should remain, though 5 seconds might be a bit excessive.

You can also locally adjust the sleep period by changing the ScriptDelayFactor in the XEngine config.  For instance, a
factor of 1.0 will keep 5 secs and 0 will remove the delay altogether.  However, this applies to all scripts across the
board.

On 08/09/11 13:30, Garmin Kawaguichi wrote:
> in OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.OSSL_Api.cs
>
> since the teleport is executed in a new thread, is it now necessary to keep
> the ScriptSleep(5000) ? (lines 713 and 754)
>
> At the same time as Justin was publishing r/16675, I tested the possibility
> of teleporting a large number of NPC. I found a maximum of 5 to 7 teleports
> in the loop before the current event fail silently (a listen event in this
> case) due to that 5 seconds delay.
>
> Note that I found a workaround by using a timer for each teleport; it's long
> for 40 NPC but it works :)
>
> GCI

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog