[Opensim-users] Retaining correct creator/owner when moving OARs between stand-alone simulators.

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 3 00:18:58 UTC 2011

The solutions already advanced sound good, though I've never tried these approaches myself.

Another possibility is to use the --profile switch in the save oar command.  Theoretically, this saves creator names
into the OAR.  When loaded by another OpenSim, these are used for creator names instead of resolving the UUIDs back into
user names (or to the estate manager if they are not present).

However, I've forgotten exactly how this switch works (I didn't write it :) and there's no documentation yet.  This
needs to be investigated and written unless someone else can chime in.  I think the Kitely guys have it working if
they're on the list and can contributed any data.

Also, in this we're doing things that the client was never explicitly designed to do, though it has been working.

On 02/09/11 18:21, Kurt Reisler wrote:
> We have a number of stand-alone OpenSim 0.7.1.1 simulators. Occasionally we have a need to move a region between
> simulators via OAR files.
>
> The problem is that when imported via an OAR, the owner/creator of an asset are set correctly IF that UUID can be found
> in the database (we are running all of them under MySQL). If it can't be found, it defaults to the simulator owner (me).
> That means that I wind up owning all the assets I have to move between simulators.
>
> Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I could change the UUIDs to be the same on each of the simulators (in other
> words, what tables in the opensim database need to be modified and what fields)? Has anyone tried to do this before?
>
> I suspect I am going to run into the same problem with user UUID's when I move all of the stand-alones into a grid
> configuration.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Kurt

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)