[Opensim-users] Xoopensim groups/profile/etc incompatible with MySQL 5.5.16 (?)

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 12:17:42 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Just wanted to report in case anyone else tries, the Xoopensim module that
was mentioned on the list back in March
http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/money-td6066566i20.html#a6203334
seems
incompatible with MySQL 5.5.16.

I was able to get the XoopsCube framework and and Xoopensim module at least
partially working on FleepGrid, which is running on Windows XP, Opensim
0.7.2, and MySQL 5.1, but I tried to get it running on the University of
Cincinnati grid yesterday, which is on Windows Server 2008, Opensim 0.7.2
and MySQL 5.5.16, and ran into MySQL error after error after error.  I
think, as far as I can tell, I followed the same installation process.

The XoopsCube framework installed ok, but when I try to install the
Xoopensim module, I got a series of errors that look like this:

   - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds
   to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE = MyISAM
   ' at line 1
   - Installation of 'XoopenSim' module has failed.
   - Force Uninstallation is started.

   - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds
   to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE = MyISAM
   AUTO_INCREMENT = 1 ' at line 1
   - Installation of 'XoopenSim' module has failed.
   - Force Uninstallation is started.

   - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds
   to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '( 14 ) NOT
   NULL , PRIMARY KEY ( `InviteID` ) , UNIQUE KEY `GroupID` ( `GroupID` ' at
   line 1
   - Installation of 'XoopenSim' module has failed.
   - Force Uninstallation is started.

Googling around, I saw that the "TYPE=MyISAM" needed to be replaced with
"ENGINE=MyISAM" and I replaced that in the various Xoopensim .sql files, but
the last error, I can't figure out what's wrong with the syntax and I think
I'm going to have to call it quits.

I haven't tried any other solution for Groups, Profiles, Search, etc. so
will be looking for alternatives if anyone has a good pointer to step by
step instructions (seemingly a very frequent request, I know)..

Sincerely,

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque)
Project Manager, UC Second Life