[Opensim-users] Listener Limit

Ernesto Carrella ecarrell at gmu.edu
Thu Oct 27 16:18:21 UTC 2011

I am trying to replicate a set of scripts that works just fine in
Second Life but breaks down badly in our Opensim server.

I have about 300 objects each of which use 2 or 3 listeners over a few
channels. The problem is that I fail to open that many listeners. Some
of the calls to llListen return -1 and fail to load.
It fails silently so I don't know what's causing this error.

The only setting in the main .ini file I could find was "listener per
script" but changing it doesn't matter. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much!